Corporate Social Responsibility
Why We Give
It is our desire to be a strong partner in the community and at Nautilus, Inc. we believe that every person should have access to a healthy lifestyle. It is in that spirit that the Nautilus Cares program is dedicated to combating the physical inactivity epidemic in America’s youth by breaking through economic barriers which prevent young people from discovering a passion for sports, active hobbies and childhood play. Our focus is on at-risk and underserved youth who are often denied access to sports leagues, swimming lessons, dance or karate instruction, summer camp experiences, physical education and other similar activities rooted in fitness and movement.
Today, physical inactivity is linked to approximately 5.3 million premature deaths worldwide each year – more than tuberculosis, lung cancer, HIV/AIDS or traffic accidents (Designed to Move). We believe that active kids are healthier, happier, sleep better and do better in school, and by fostering a love of healthy habits and a passion for sports and activity early on, have a better chance of becoming healthier adults.
How We Give
Grants & Scholarships
Nautilus Cares offers support through sponsorships or other financial donations.
Nautilus Cares makes donations of select Nautilus, Bowflex, Schwinn and Universal equipment and products, often in lieu of cash. Product is typically donated as auction or drawing prizes to support fundraising efforts by nonprofit organizations.
Our Giving Targets
Through the Nautilus Cares program, we are dedicated to supporting organizations that assist with getting kids active and introduces/fosters a passion for a healthy and active lifestyle. We are most likely to support organizations that closely align with the causes we most value as a company, including youth active play and education, healthy habits and fitness, and access to healthful food.
Who is Eligible?
At Nautilus, Inc., we receive numerous donation requests each month. Many organizations, programs and events meet the basic requirements, but we unfortunately cannot fill every request we receive. As our business grows, so too does the number of requests, but we aim to support as many local charities as possible. Our Nautilus Cares committee meets once per month to consider all requests. To be considered for a donation through Nautilus Cares, all of the following criteria must be met:
- Must be requested from a 501c3 nonprofit organization. We are unable to fill requests which come from individuals in need.
- Must benefit the communities in which we live and work – primarily Vancouver, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Columbus, Ohio; and Minneapolis, Minnesota. All product donations must be picked up from our distribution centers in Portland, Oregon or Columbus, Ohio. We regret that we are unable to ship donated items.
- Must closely align with the things we value at Nautilus, including youth active play and education, health habits and fitness, and access to healthful food. Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor an individual team or player, or individual walk, run or race teams who are raising money.
- Must be intended for its final use to be in-home and by 1-2 users. Our equipment, including Nautilus, Bowflex and Schwinn fitness equipment, are not designed or graded for multiple users in a gym environment.
We are not able to fill the following:
- Requests from individuals in need
- Requests from military, police or fire organizations (unless they are a nonprofit organization). Please call us to inquire about a military or first responders discount.
- Requests to sponsor individual sports teams, or individual race/walk fundraising teams
- Requests from churches, religious organizations, or political parties
- Requests from government funded agencies or institutions
How to ApplyPlease email a written donation request to [email protected] or by mail to:
Attn: Donation Requests
17750 SE 6th Way
Vancouver, WA 98683
Please be sure to include supporting documents and as many details as possible, including:
- Event fliers or brochures
- Event date, location, # of attendees, event audience and event activities
- Information about what donation or money raised is intended to fund or support
- Proof of 501c3 or other nonprofit status
- Clear contact information, including an email address
We ask that you please allow 4-6 weeks for us to review and respond to your inquiry.